Friday, February 20, 2009

US Passport Information and Requirements

US Passport Information and Requirements

Special Report:
US Passport Information and Requirements for returning to the United States Of America.
All United States citizens 16 years old or older will be required to have a Passport, or other special documents as stated below, when returning to the United States Of America. The information below was attained from a US government website.

There will be a new
requirement for United States citizens to produce
a passport when re-entering the United States,
effective June 1, 2009. We suggest that if you do
not already have one, apply for a passport now to
be sure not to get caught in a timely circumstance.


This information is the latest to date, Dec 30, 2008, found on the U.S. Department
of State website. Please
check the mentioned websites to stay current with the information.
To avoid any question, apply for your passport now if you
do not have one.
The following summarizes information available on the Department of Homeland Security’s
website. .
CURRENTLY: U.S. citizens need to present either (a) a passport, passport card*
(scheduled to be in full production beginning in July 2008), or WHTI-compliant document;
or (b) a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license, along with proof of
citizenship, such as a birth certificate.
LATER: On June 1, 2009, the U.S. government will implement the full requirements of
the land and sea phase of WHTI. The proposed rules require most U.S. citizens entering
the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have a passport, passport card, or WHTI-
compliant document.
CHILDREN: U.S. citizen children under the age of 16 will be able to present the original or
copy of their birth certificate, or other proof of citizenship such as a naturalization
certificate or citizenship card. Groups of U.S. citizen children ages 16 through 18, when
traveling with a school or religious group, social organization, or sports team, will be able
to enter under adult supervision with originals or copies of their birth certificates or other
proof of citizenship.

*U.S. citizens can also apply for a U.S. Passport Card, which facilitates entry and expedites
document processing at U.S. land and sea ports-of-entry when arriving from Canada,
Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda. The card may not be used to travel by air. Otherwise,
it carries the rights and privileges of the U.S. passport book and is adjudicated to the exact
same standards.

All persons traveling by air outside of the United States are required to present a
passport or other valid travel document to enter or re-enter the United States.

NEW!!! Non-Resident Canadian Outdoors Card

What is a non-Canadian resident Outdoors Card?

A non-Canadian resident Outdoors Card is a plastic, wallet-sized card issued by the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and used for identification and administrative purposes.

Is a non-Canadian resident Outdoors Card a fishing licence?

No. For non-Canadian residents, a complete and valid licence to fish in Ontario consists of:

a non-Canadian resident Outdoors Card (plastic) or a Non-Canadian Resident Temporary Outdoors Card and Application (paper)
a valid non-Canadian resident fishing licence tag carried as a separate document.

An Outdoors Card alone is NOT a fishing licence.

Who needs to purchase a non-Canadian resident Outdoors Card and fishing licence tag to fish in Ontario?

Anyone who lives outside of Canada is considered a non-resident for the purposes of fishing licence regulations. Most non-residents need a fishing licence to fish in Ontario. Specifically:

Non-residents 18 years of age and over must purchase a fishing licence.
Non-residents under 18 years of age may fish without a licence if accompanied by an adult (resident or non-resident) who has an Ontario recreational fishing licence. Any fish caught are part of the catch and possession limit of the adult who holds the licence. As another option, non-residents under 18 years may purchase a licence and any fish caught apply to the catch and possession limits of that licence.
Non-residents 65 years of age or older are not exempt from licencing requirements.

NOTE: Non-residents of Canada camping on Crown land in Northwestern Ontario (Zones 2, 4, 6 and Zone 5 except in the border waters area) must observe Conservation Licence limits except for in the border waters area (see Licences for Provincial and International Border Waters).

For non-resident groups of children (at least five people under the age of 18 years accompanied by a licenced adult) there is a special Licence for Members of an Organized Camp. This licence is available from Ministry of Natural Resources offices and ServiceOntario offices.

Where can I purchase a non-Canadian resident Outdoors Card and fishing licence tag?

Non-Canadian resident anglers may purchase a fishing licence that is effective immediately at more than 1,800 locations throughout the province. Licences are often available from tourist outfitters' camps and lodges, summer camps, and sporting goods stores or bait dealers. In smaller communities, they may be available at general stores or other retail establishments. A range of licences is offered to suit individual needs.

Non-Canadian resident fishing licences are also available through the mail by calling the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources at 1-800-667-1940.

What should I do if my non-Canadian resident Outdoors Card is lost, stolen or destroyed?

If your non-Canadian resident Outdoors Card or any part of your licence is lost, stolen or destroyed, call the Outdoors Card Centre at 1-800-387-7011 to arrange for a replacement. In some circumstances there may be a replacement fee.

How can I get more information about the Outdoors Card?

The staff at the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources' Outdoors Card Centre would be pleased to answer your questions.

You may reach the Outdoors Card Centre (toll free) at 1-800-387-7011 from anywhere in North America.

The hours of operation of the Outdoors Card Centre are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).

What else should I know about my Outdoors Card?

Here are other important things to keep in mind:

You must notify the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources of any address or name change within 10 days of the change. You can do this by calling the Outdoors Card Centre at 1-800-387-7011 toll free from anywhere in North America. You can also notify us of an address change by visiting our Outdoors Card website.
You must carry your Outdoors Card and fishing licence tag on your person whenever you are fishing. If a Conservation Officer asks to see your Outdoors Card, the law states you must show it.
Your Outdoors Card is not transferable to another person - it provides privileges to you alone.
You may legally apply for one Outdoors Card only. It is an offence to attempt to obtain more than one card. It is also an offence to provide false information on a card application.
If you have applied for an Outdoors Card and have not received it by the end of the calendar year, please call the Outdoors Card Centre at 1-800-387-7011.

BIG Northern Pike caught at Fireside Lodge by Candace Stanley from Creve Coeur, IL 5/08

Smallmouth Bass caught at Fireside Lodge by Dick Rauh from Princeton, MA 6/08

44" Tiger Muskie caught at Fireside Lodge by Brad Sammons from Greenwood, IN 8/08